Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day Before

I got up early this morning and had breakfast with most of my fellow riders.  Orientation began around noon.  We went over how to change a tire and stuff about the trailer, such as the fact that we are able to lean our bikes against the trailer, but not the van.  We also went over safety details and got our jerseys with the Bike the US for MS logos and another one for a drug used with MS.  One of the coolest things we got was our maps.  I didn't have a thorough understanding of how to read them (they are extremly detailed), so one of our guides, Pepper, taught me how to read them.  I'm going to put them in my handle bar bag (I never thought I would use one of these)!  We ordered pizza for supper and all the riders and their families socialized and got to know each other better.  The guides are very knowledgable and have tons of stories, some of which include an older woman who makes cookies for the riders and another story about an individual who has ridden across the country on a unicycle.  I have most of my stuff ready to go, but have a few last minute items I will get together in the morning.  We are scheduled to dip our wheel in the water at 8 am and then we are off to the Pacific!  I still don't know if it's set in that I will be riding my bike across the country for the next 2 months!

PS - There were some issues with commenting.  I made a few setting changes, so hopefully you are all able to comment now.  I look forward to hearing from you and will keep this going as best I can.  Thanks again to all the donators!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for pictures!

    May the wind be at your back, the sun on your face, and the skies always blue as you set off on this journey of a lifetime!

    Enjoy . . . ENJOY every single minute!

    And keep on pedaling ;)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete