Thursday, August 4, 2011

The End!!

4,000 miles, 9 states, 4 time zones, 20 people, 6 flat tires, 5 service projects and one cause…Multiple Sclerosis. All in all I spent 28 nights sleeping indoors in either a church, gym, hostel, mission or motel/hotel. Out of all of the days there were 12 days that I didn’t get a real shower and 50 days that I did get to shower. So I will now answer some of the many questions that many people ask me.
What was the best part about the trip? I would have to say being able to eat anything and everything that I wanted. I realize that I don’t think that I will ever be able to eat like this again. Also the level of stress was nonexistent. Everyone was so laid back and there really were not any worries throughout the day. It was also exciting to see all of the different scenery and how it changed as I rode on. Also especially out west it was really cool to stop at the top of big climbs look down at the winding road and think to yourself wow, I cannot believe that I just rode through all of that and climbed all of that.
What was the worst part of the trip? I would have to say not being able to shower and possibly doing laundry and or grocery shopping.
How have I changed? I would for sure say that my thighs are much stronger. Also I think maybe I have learned how to be a little bit more simplistic as out in the nature you really don’t need a whole lot.
What have I learned? I think that I have learned a lot of patience and compromise. When you are with a group of this size and in the situations that we were in you really had to learn to be patient and compromise with everyone.
Any other questions feel free to post on here!!

1 comment:

  1. how did you feel the very first day, about this venture, and now that you have finished, how do you feel. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete