Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thank You!!

I want to Thank everyone who so generously donated to the cause!! As a result of all of your donations $181,000 thus far this year has been raised to help find better treatments and hopefully a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. It is because of these types of programs that treatments for MS have been changed. I ask that you continue to support this cause and many others in order to help improve the lives of others. It was truly inspirational to meet many very special individuals who suffer from MS and to hear their stories and how treatments have been improved over the years.
Robin one of the women we heard speak in Pittsburg, KS was one of the most inspirational women that I have heard speak when she had spoke about how she was diagnosed with MS 30 years ago and it had robbed her of her many senses. She could no longer smell, taste, hear, see, walk or barely move on her own. Due to much research and many medications she can now walk with a walker, smell, taste and still has trouble hearing. She spoke that her only dream was to be able to hold her grandchildren someday and at that time knew that she wouldn’t be able to. Due to better treatments she can now do as she dreamed and hold her grandchildren!!
I recognize how incredibly blessed that I am to be able to have this opportunity and want to Thank everyone who followed me and supported me through this wonderful journey!! I am a very fortunate person to be able to come home to a wonderful job at The James Cancer Hospital as a Nurse and will approach this with as much enthusiasm and passion as I did this ride. I hope to be a better nurse because of my experiences on this journey!!
I cannot tell you how many MS patients told me THANK YOU along with the many friends and family members of people who suffer from MS. Really the ones to thank are all of you because of the funds and support that you have provided. Once again, THANK YOU for the hope that you give to all of these people!!
Also Thank You to all of you who have followed my journey and blogs. I truly enjoyed waking up every morning to read the comments that everyone had posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment